In case you missed it at the bottom of the previous post, the firstLaDIYfest meeting of 2012 has been arranged for Wednesday 8th February at 6:30, at Brezza on Wellington Street (just by Henry’s). All are welcome to come along.
There are also lots of other things coming up in the next few weeks you should check out too, I’ve tried to put info on the calendar but to quickly summarise:
- Cupids in Nooses, The Rude Shipyard, Feb 10th ,11th ,12th (FB event) – Anti valentines weekend of live music, poetry and prose.
- Slam Bam Thank You Ma’am 2, The Riverside, Feb 14th (FB event) – Anti valentines day poetry slam hosted by Sarah Thomasin, following the runaway success of the first night she ran back in the autumn to raise money for Sheffield Rape Crisis.
- Popomatic with Town Bike, The Redhouse, Feb 17th (FB event) – following the unavoidable but very sad cancellation at the LaDIYfest fundraiser gig back in October, Town Bike return. Disco until late.
- Sheffield Anarchists Film Night, Black Rose Centre, Feb 22nd (FB event) – Showing ‘Ethel Macdonald – An Anarchist’s Story’ followed by a discussion on setting up a Sheffield-wide Class Struggle Anarchist Group.
- Reclaim the Night, Manchester, Feb 24th (FB event) – marching to oppose the culture of victim-blaming.
- Queer, Black Rose Centre, Feb 24th, 25th, 26th (FB event) – an exhibition of local artists’ work in response to “LGBT History Month”
- Shrag and Tunabunny, The Riverside, Feb 27th (FB event) – two very brilliant bands, with brilliant local support.
If you have any events you would like to let us know about and share, drop us an email!