– croft house, looking like weds or thurs to have another look round and take cheque. cara to check times. who wants to visit?
– film fundraisers. charlotte to cancel sept 18th and rebook for oct 2nd. to set up fb event and announce film/s nearer. options include XXY, trans america, but im a cheerleader, dont need you on dvd already. trying to look into getting two films about men and feminism (charlotte) and also ‘fucking sheffield’. other films to show include feminist porn film (?main event sun) and women of steel (?main event sat) and le tigre doc (??showroom) and sylvia (?? showroom). lots of options. showroom meeting still tbc, cara to chase in a few days if no word.
– fundraiser gigs, all ongoing! please help spam about online, invite friends etc
– freshers fayres, charlotte and cara to do some flyering around sheff uni and make sure lots of flyers are about. fiona to check whether rape crisis are having stalls anywhere. make sure flyers get to lgbt socs and prism nite. any updates from eve?
– workshops, cara has been in touch with launchpad and reaction via help yrself database for self defence. helen from reaction seems keen, discussions ongoing. agree should be female led, but is a mixed class ok or should this be women only??
– bags, fiona to sort designs with alex and arrange when to print, maybe this sunday? all to have a look for scraps of material to print patches
– zine, please spam about and hassle friends to contribute things!
– dj fundraiser, eve to chase delia. cara said to jeff at red house to let us know if there are any dates they need using we could maybe fill. any other updates from eve??
– feminist timeline, still needs sorting in time for bookfair oct 15th. to discuss via email list as that might be easier!
– press, list ongoing. cara has contacted colin drury at the star and sam/sara at now then with details. going to see if we could write something ourselves to be included! quater page ad in now then 95 quid! to probably not going to bother.. need to start contacting other people though.
– mailing list, charlotte to double check how we add people.. anyone?
– sunday main event, taking shape. ann from womens writers groups keen to currate an hour. to contact chella and rachel about doing a quiz, maybe downstairs. feminist sex film and discussion, charlotte to contact friend about person who could lead this. food ongoing. poetry/comedy open mic (??carol/christine/sarah). acoustic musicians (nancy/charlie/onsind/louie stafford). coming together with a bit more structure!
– sat main event evening, howl tbc still. proformas sent out to bands, cara to confirm details with jeff re contract and deposit
– stalls, fiona to chase central health clinic. – rag magazine fiona to send proforma and check costs
– website, cara to chase again
– tickets, to sell online ?set up wegottickets account with ladiyfest account. going to have very clear option for unsalaried / unwaged / free entry, but have tickets something like 10 quid for sat/sun, or 5 quid for workshops, 5 quid gig, 3 quid rutland.
– finances, got money from dean and now cara has balanced account and spreadsheet. have just under 400 quid! this basically covers costs for croft house and bands which are main outgoings. hopefully costs for sunday and workshops wont be much but aim would be for the rest of the fundraiser gigs to at least cover outgoing costs so that then all money from tickets/donations can go to rape crisis.