Minutes from meeting 7th Feb
– 2013 logo, charlotte spoke to emma who is keen to do us another picture to use this year
– we need feminism photos, cara spoke to eve who will upload to facebook
– 2013 dates, cara confirmed feminista will be holding summer camp event in august, both ladyfests in nottingham and leeds will be oct 19th, so we will aim for early/mid november depending on venues. cara to check QMH again for saturday workshops and try to conact the harley to investigate options there. could think about booking time at QMH differently. will see how things go as to how much we perhaps organise for the big event in november.
– site gallery, charlotte has been in contact and site are still keen for us to arrange some saturday afternoon events there either in the cafe space or gallery space, could host some of the discussion groups there, or the make do and mend social?
– reading group, charlotte has confirmed texts and date, will sort venue shortly and do fb event
– RTN MCR, 21st feb with women only and mixed blocks. ?ladiy group to travel over, will discuss on fb and see if anyone else is interested
– comedy nite, cara confirming acts. venue looking to be harrisons on april 11th. will publicise details further and set up fb event etc. womens week event still in discussion with womens soc.
– charity / organisation, agreed again about donating to hollaback, discussed abortion support and palestinian LGBT group. wondering about supporting ‘women together’ project through volunteering. discussed how we might ringfence money from hidden perspectives for the november event, and then all events through the year and weekender can be fundraising directly for causes we are supporting. all to be discussed further.
– trash kit show, cara to look into setting up.
– equal fest, charlotte wondered about finding out if there were any bands playing that would be up for a show in sheffield as well to help with costs, will find out.
– sheff zine fest, dates been set for march 16th. wondered about getting some copies of the hair zine / badges there if any friends would be tabligng, to ask hollaback about sharing possibly.
– susie orbach, coming to speak at a sheff uni event about body image, wondered about making contact to do something more grass roots based with ladiy. charlotte to look into.
– body zine workshop, monday 11th at harland cafe, details on fb.
– life drawing, hannah discussed classes at sharrow and whether we could set up a taster session for ladiys or should try to arrange a queer event of our own with a discussion afterwards.
– hidden perspectives, agreed to put together a poster call out for people to be involved, cara to get hold of logo and continue to make contact with musicians / artists / performers.
– film nites, could hold at harrisons, to discuss arranging an event further.
next meeting tbc