– tramlines – discussed ideas for a presence at tramlines, hollaback are organising a chalk walk that we could help promote, possibly with a twitter hashtag and could help distribute chalk and instructions for people to join in. charlotte agreed to draft a flyer and discuss with hollaback further. could also do something to raise attention about sex worker rights with red umbrellas/tags. there will also be a gig of some sort at audacious/tramlines. we could do some subvertising, maybe around facts to do with women in music ?performing at the festival.
– off the shelf – julia downes has agreed to come and give a talk on ‘women make noise’ possibly on her own or in the form of a panel event. other people we could approach including possibly lucy spraggan, petra davis, joanna gruesome, mightty, emma cooper, helen mccookerybook. discussed venues, maybe coffee rev and then moving to raynor lounge for a gig/disco afterwards. might be a possible event to run with womcom, charlotte to make enquries about hire.
– workshops / zine – discussed holding a workshop about organising workshops, hannah to email jenny in bradford. could also do something about gender and film ?cat marshall from warp or emily morgan mentioned.
– audacious – announcement that we have recently been invited to join the collective, paying initially £15 a month. geo and charlotte recently had session on how to use the pa which we plan to share via skill share sessions in future. agreed we wanted to host a ‘welcome’ gig but are awaiting to hear what happens with ongoing situation at audacious.
– nov event – check dates available at QMH and look at rooms we might want to hire, cara to email. need to think about who we might fundraise for, will put a message on fb/blog about gender/sexuality related projects. discussed having workshops about gender and mental health, women in prison and wicat. possibly could hold a book drive for donations to be sent to prison librarys.
– sex work panel – could check ugly mugs updates, or ask alex and swwop about setting something up in sheffield in the next few months.
– gigs – ravioli me away gig, possibly in september but waiting on venues.
– library event – met with dan and colleague from the library services to discuss working together on events, raised the possibility of doing something around women and the pit closures. will share some links and discuss further via email in future, more updates to follow.
next meeting tbc.