minutes from meeting 3rd september
– friday 2nd nov event. discussed wanting two people to facilitate intros and q/a after juliet, to do some background research. hazel agreed to do this with her friend jen. program advertises doors from 8, so aim to have juliet on about 8:30 for 60-90 mins and then have drinks/social afterwards until 11. will need to arrange pa/mics. want to ask steve about using the side door so as not to interupt ‘stage area’. a cd swap was discussed and agreed would be a great idea. advertise at other feminist off the shelf event. cara to confirm details with juliet.
– sat 3rd workshops. updated on confirmed sessions (lgbt writing ; assertiveness) and discussed re assertiveness session it being women/queer only space. agreed to chase previously contacted workshops and reassess next week before starting to contact other suggestions from list. dave from iww has offered to help run the creche.
– sat 3rd bands. confirmed so far are crash paris and town bike, still waiting on hysterical injury. two of the intial bands contacted were unavailable, so will contact skinny girl diet (hazel) and cows on parade (fiona).
– sun 4th activities. need to meet with steve at harland to discuss finer points, particularly re vegan food options and using the side door. cara will email to try and arrange when to call by. cara will chase grace petrie, charlotte will post list of comedians to googlelist to discuss. agreed we should have another quiz or feminist bingo. discussed an ongoing activity such as contributing to a more international campaign like ‘we need feminism because…’ i.e. something interactive. discussed contacting archive of activism about an activity or some sort of time capsule etc. will confirm with sam about craft discussion / group.
– freshers fairs. would be good to get ladiyfest info leaflets to womens / lgbt stalls at SHU and SU as well as some lunchtime campus flyering. cara will alter the flyer to include november dates and get some photocopied. will double check dates of activities / societies fairs.
– ste mccabe / louise distras. both have been in touch about gigs, after discussing we agreed we had quite a lot on at the moment but would try to arrange something in the future, perhaps early next year.
– gig 7th september. cara will chase equipment with jeff, and check with toucans / oxo foxo. charlotte will email ace bushy / c is for calculus. arrange with hollaback to meet at the redhouse about 6:30 to set up.
– gig 14th september. fiona / charlotte / hazel agreed to sort food. charlotte will photocopy more flyers.
– promo. start looking at listings and submission dates for local publications and getting press for the november weekender. will check list compiled last year.
– intersex awareness day. october 26th. discussed holding a workshop at the weekender or a reading group. charlotte could link pu with gender research network and use a uni room, will investigate.
– queer fringe. meeting this wednesday at kelham island tavern, will publicise on our fb group.
next meeting tbc