minutes from the meeting 10th april 2012
– venues update. penelopes contacted about evening for main event weekend, £100 hire and flexible from early evening until late. just need to clarify disabled access. includes sound guy and pa. had a look around quaker meeting house too, first floor area has three rooms and a large kitchen / social area and would be available to use 9-5. more expensive to hire but space is excellent. cara to clarfiy any ‘house rules’ we need to be aware of but hoping to book both soon to confirm for diaries. there would be a gap in between workshops and evening entertainment, wondered about directing people or setting up a deal of some sort with blue moon cafe, charlotte to enquire. could use harland cafe on sunday for similar format to last year.
– fundraising gigs, could use riverside / shakespeare or nelson. byob format. fiona to make some enquiries, ?end of may early june for a date.
– april 28th. performer slots filling up. using avis PA, need to check dj equipment and mixing desk. hazel has sorted guitar amp. cara to sort poster and look at last years banner to see if it can be altered to not say 2011 and could be used again. agreed we will meet up one evening to make placards.
– ethos flyer. cara to sort with new image from emma, ready for march and general promo.
– april workshop. charlotte waiting to hear from sara about details from sara for language and sexism discussion group.
– bookfair. decided we had quite a lot of commitments already to arrange a joint after party at the end of june. would be keen to have a stall or run something at the bookfair itself. charlotte to contact to discuss.
– SAS statement. a comment on the blog had asked for a ladiyfest consensus on our position about strip clubs and sex workers following our involvement with the SAS march. discussed at the group and hazel will put together something we can discuss on the email list and post to wordpress.
next meeting end of april tbc.