minutes from meeting 29th february 2012
– equal fest happening 2nd-4th march in bradford at the 1 in 12 club. there are workshops along with films, food, a quiz and then bands in the evening. there are late buses back via national express. a few ladiys are going if anyone wants coach buddies.
– 21st march – hazel to organise the first discussion workshop in our feminism series, either on class or consent. to be held at the social centre in the evening. more details and fb event etc to follow shortly.
– workshop series – charlotte to sort a poster advertising the workshops, to be held every six weeks or so. mixture of locations and weekday evenings + weekend daytime. ann to do bike maintenance workshop later on. introduction on feminism to be held, possibly to put together a leaflet or a zine that could then be circulated. topics could include childcare, media, gender. hazel will contact humaira about possible race revolt involvement. charlotte to see about local academics who might be interested. emphasis on interactive elements rather than lectures.
– international womens day film – screening of cairo 678 at the showroom at 6:30 on thursday 8th march with director Q&A. meet in the showroom for drinks from 5:30, fb event to follow shortly with details for meet up and film.
– reclaim the night – due to be held in sheffield on april 27th. first meeting to discuss organisation on march 1st. further details / report to follow.
– ladiyfest 2012 weekender – to start considering venues and what we want to do, early organisation needed to start i.e. soon. penelopes already mentioned as possibility for evening gig / disco. need to think about where to hold workshops. ?scotia works ?uni buildings ?workstation ?quaker meeting house ?sharrow junior school ?any other ideas!
– band + dj nite – all keen to arrange something soon. hazel to check with audacious collective about using their space ?april 21st.
– sara marcus. possibly too short notice to organise here but to see if she has any availability. publicise event in manchester on march 14th.
– conclusions re name / logo / ethos. have decided to keep name as ladiyfest sheffield but develop the ethos with an opening paragraph about what we are doing in terms of other activities and events throughout 2012 i.e. not just about the main weekender. cara to draft and put on discussion list for further development. felt the logo could be updated for a new 2012 image, perhaps something more multicultural or age representative. charlotte to ask emma if she would like to do something new for us. also felt it would be good to have a separate simple logo that says ‘ladiyfest sheffield’ which would be easy to reproduce for stenciling, stamps etc. competition to design on facebook.
next meeting on tuesday 13th march, central location venue tbc, 6pm