minutes from meeting 29th march
– anarchist bookfair evening event. have been contacted about organising and co-hosting the evening event as a fundraiser between both groups on sat 23rd june. agreed we are interested in theory but depends as we may already be committed to quite a lot of things. no venue sorted, would need to discuss budget and a working group so work was split evenly. will find out more info and see what is doable. will also check about stall/workshop by ladiyfest at the day event.
– SAS fundraiser. sheffield against sexism have asked us if we would be able/interested to host an evening event following the march on sat 28th april that we could use as a fundraiser for ladiyfest. discussed a few venue options and what we might be able to arrange at short notice. to look into venues and decide accordingly.
– audacious gig. havent managed to sort a date for this yet so probably on back burner for now and to look into alternative venues. also waiting to hear about the gender conference and any potential after party, would need to sort venue.
– leaflet to take to SAS march. agreed it would be a great idea to have something put together about ladiyfest sheff to hand out at march even if it just has ethos and contact details on.
– logo. have had a few responses so call out so far, awaiting a few further submissions and will hopefully decide on one shortly.
– fundraising. still discussing options of local charities or organisations we might like to support. scoop aid mentioned again but still very open to suggestions. also mentioned projects working with asylum seekers / ASSIST.
– main event. have begun contacting venues, have info about old junior school in sharrow and vestry hall in burngreave. awaiting response from quaker meeting house and sadacca. to look at st marys church and victoria halls despite original concern at them being church buildings. norfolk park centre to contact. chase penelopes re evening. keep looking at options.
– reading group. kim/izzy to arrange a meeting soon to discuss materials and topics, details will be posted to the group so anyone interested can go along. hopefully will be set up soon.
– workshops. consent workshop went very well, hazel looking at repeating in the future. childcare workshop still being discussed. sexism and language workshop in april, date tbc, venue probably at hallam but being confirmed. other workshops still to arrange include bike maintenance, queer theory and introduction to feminism. beth from grow sheffield also keen to arrange something at the st marys church centre re gardening/growing.
– sheffield pride. trevor has been in touch about ladiyfest sheffield having a slot at the alternative tent. discussed doing a timeline activity but settled on a session entitled ‘cunt:discuss’ – eve will confirm with trevor and we will sort out details nearer the time. this year there is going to be a march along with stalls ?ladiyfest presence.