minutes from the meeting 13th march 2012
– ethos. discussed and a draft has been agreed to post to the email list for any final consideration and be put onto the fb/wordpress bios on monday. doesnt have to be final and can be amended as an ongoing document, but something more up to date needs to be in use. debate over the use of ‘led primarily by self identified women’ and rewording the last sentence.
– band / dj nite. waiting to hear back on april 21st date to do something at audacious space. arrange another byob?
– 8th june. charlotte is involved in organising a conference on gender thru uni, but more political than academic with performance, art and papers. asked about ladiyfest organising an after party? to be discussed further.
– ladiyfest weekender. agreed we should look at dates in november and see what is available venuewise. maria will check about any potential clash with feminista event or anything else being publicised yet, would be good to get our date out there. maria also to ask penelopes about sat evenings in november. charlotte had a list of venues to start looking at via help yourself database – mike to ask about sadacca, cara to contact quaker meeting house. sharrow junior school also mentioned as possibility for daytime. as for fundraising options cara raised the idea of supporting a local womens & childrens initiative, to ask on fb/wordpress if anyone has any suggestions or other ideas.
– discussion groups. poster is done and starting to sort out future dates to publicise.
– fundraisers. we should start organising lots of things soon to raise as much cash as possible as we want to hold something bigger this year. films, poetry and comedy evenings mentioned. could do another byob or ‘stars in their eyes’ evening.
– reading groups. details to be discussed but hoping to announce plans shortly.